This Twisted Headband is a great beginning knit project knitted in garter stitch. The pattern is below (free PDF download at the bottom of the page), and you can watch a video that walks you through the whole project step-by-step. You only need to know how to cast on (I suggest the Continental Cast On), knit, and bind off, all of which are discussed in this Beginning Knitting Lesson.
- Size 8 knitting needles
- Approximately 35 yards worsted weight yarn
- Measuring tape
- Darning needle
- Cast on 12 stitches
- Knit every stitch. Repeat until the headband measures 21” (or 1” less than the circumference of the head.
- Bind off and leave a 10” tail.
- Fold the headband in half (see image 1 below.)
- Fold each of the ends in half (see image 2 below) and sandwich them together (see image 3 below.)
- Whipstitch through all four layers.
- Weave both ends into the wrong side of the headband.
Down the Free PDF Pattern:
Watch the following video to learn how to knit the twisted headband: