In this lesson, you’ll knit a pair of easy fingerless gloves that introduce the purl stitch and ribbing. You can either work through the following in order to learn each of the steps required to knit the gloves, or you can jump straight to the pattern and tutorial video and come back to this page if you need more assistance with a particular step. Here are all the skills you’ll learn in this lesson:
- How to make a purl stitch with the continental style of knitting (i.e., holding the working yarn in your left hand),
- How to knit a tidy rib stitch, and
- How to tell if a stitch was a knit or a purl.
You might also want to review the following:
- How to tie a slip knot,
- How to cast on using the continental method,
- How to make a knit stitch with the continental style of knitting (i.e., holding the working yarn in your left hand),
- How to bind off, and
- How to weave (or sew) in the ends.
Feel free to post a question in the comment section or drop me an email. Happy knitting!